Are you a CHCN Managed Care Member?
The Community Health Center Network (CHCN) has a skilled and friendly Customer Care Department available via phone to help you with your questions Monday – Friday from 8am-5pm. To reach a Customer Care representative:
- Call: (510) 297-0242
- Fax: (510) 297-0490
- Email: at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact CHCN Customer Care for:
- UM Authorization Requests
- Provider Information
- Portal Support
There are many things that the CHCN Customer Care Department can help you with, but there are some questions that only the Health Plan can answer. See below for a list of service requests that can be best answered by your health plan; either Alameda Alliance for Health or Anthem Blue Cross.
Contact your Health Plan for:
- Request a Membership Card
- Pharmacy Questions
- Transportation Assistance
- Grievance Filing
- Vision Plans
- Interpretive Services
Medi-Cal managed care interpretive services are provided at no cost to the patient and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Face-to-Face Interpreter Services
- Call the Alliance Member Services department at 510-747-4567 or fax the Request for Interpreters Form to Alliance Member Services at 1-855-891-7172.
- The Alliance asks for 72 hours advance notice. Same day requests may be possible for urgent situations.
- Telephonic Interpreter Services
- Call the Alliance’s interpreter vendor, International Effectiveness Centers (IEC), at 1-866-948-4149
- Anthem members and providers may call the Customer Care Center at (800) 407-4627 to schedule Face-to-Face or Telephonic interpreter services during business hours. Providers may also schedule by emailing email@example.com. Registration with our secure e-mail is required. Please type “secure” in the subject line. For members with hearing loss or speech impairment, call the TTY line at (888) 757-6034.
- Anthem asks for 72 business hours advanced notice to schedule services, and 24 business hours are required to cancel.
- For Anthem members after-hours, call MedCall at (800) 224-0336.
CHCN does not make decisions regarding hiring, promoting or terminating its provider/practitioners or, other individuals based upon the likelihood or perceived likelihood that the individual will support or, tend to support the denial of benefits. Utilization Management decisions are based solely on appropriateness of care and service and the existence of coverage. There are no rewards or incentives for providers/practitioners or, other individuals for issuing denials of coverage, service or care. There are no financial incentives for utilization management decision-makers to encourage decisions that would result in underutilization of care or services. Our providers/practitioners are ensured independence and impartiality in making referral decisions that will not influence:
- Any other similar matters
Community Health Center Network (CHCN) complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Click the appropriate link to view our full Non-Discrimination Policy in the desired language: