Help? Questions: Contact Maria Faer, CHCN Director of Training at email@example.com.
- The AAPC ICD 10 Training is targeted to three (3) different groups. Select only ONE training and click to register.
- Documentation Training for Providers – 3-hour training for individuals involved with clinical documentation. All physicians and mid-level providers such as Nurse Practitioners should obtain documentation training according to specialty group (e.g. mental and behavioral health, family practice, internal medicine, pediatrics, etc.). Click HERE to register for the AAPC ICD Training on Eventbrite.
- Essentials of ICD 10 for clinical support staff and non-clinical staff who are NOT responsible for documentation but who should have an overview and understanding of ICD-10. For example: administrators, finance other than billers and coders, accounting, IT. Click HERE to register for the AAPC ICD Training on Eventbrite.
- Boot Camp for Billers and Coders provides comprehensive understanding of guidelines and conventions of ICD 10 and fundamental knowledge of how to decipher, understand, and accurately apply codes in ICD – 10. Each clinic has at least two training slots for the 16 hour Boot Camp.Click HERE to register for the AAPC ICD Training on Eventbrite.
- No Delay in Transition to ICD 10 on October 1, 2015. There is no evidence coming out of the Obama Administration or Congress that the October 1 ICD 10 Transition Date will be delayed. Get Ready!
- CHCN offers FREE TRAINING and CROSSWALKS for Health Center providers, billers, and staff. The training has been developed by the AAPC, or American Association of Professional Coders, the nation’s largest medical coding certification body with more than 100,000 credentialed coders. CMS offers very short (less than 10 minutes) free, on-line training, and there are many other organizations offering training. If you have questions about CHCN’s selection of AAPC or are looking for other resources, please contact Maria Faer, Director of Training at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CHCN selected the on-line, self-paced training offered by the American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) after consulting with clinic leadership (CMOs, fiscal managers) and analyzing a number of free and vendor trainings, including CMS, Brown Consulting, and a number of others. The online, self-paced training responds to the requests of the clinics and providers that the training be available to individuals from either their office or home over a period of months.
- Over 100 Provider Training slots and Crosswalks are available for Health Center physicians and mid-level providers such as nurse practitioners. Each provider selects the training for his/her specialty (e.g., mental and behavioral health, family practice, internal medicine, pediatrics, etc.). EACH Provider who signs up will receive a crosswalk for the 50 top diagnoses for his/her specialty. A VALUABLE TOOL.
- CHCN will provide each Health Center with one (1) complete ICD 10 Crosswalk containing over 1000 codes. As part of the ICD 10 training, CHCN has purchased from the AAPC a set of crosswalks containing over 1000 commonly used codes — 21 specialty groups, with the top 50 diagnoses per specialty. The Crosswalks will be sent to the Billers at your Health Center who have signed up for the Boot Camp. Click HERE to register on EventBrite for the AAPC ICD Training.
- Registration for the AAPC training is a two step process.
- Register on Event Brite for one of the three courses offered.
- Within 2 weeks of the EventBrite registration, AAPC will send the url and password for the online training to the individual’s email address.
- Check SPAM folder for an email from AAPC with the Subject Line: Welcome to AAPC Business Solutions LMS. Each person who registers on EventBrite for the ICD 10 Training will receive an email From: Business Learning Implementation Team. Check your spam folder. Don’t accidentally trash the AAPC email. It contains the ICD 10 online training url and password.
- Individuals who registered on EventBrite BEFORE July 9 should have received an email from AAPC with the Subject Line: Welcome to AAPC Business Solutions LMS. However, the AAPC received 1000’s of registrations in early July (ours included!) and got backlogged. Please be patient.
- Individuals who registered on EventBrite in the last two weeks (after July 9) should receive an email from the AAPC Business Learning Implementation Team by the end of the month. Thousands of individuals across the nation are using the AAPC training, and their implementation team must enter all registrations in their system then send out emails with online registration url and password. Thank you for your patience.
Learn more about registering for an ICD 10 training here!